As a patient of this Practice, we agree to:
- Greet you courteously and treat you with respect at all times.
- The Practice has a policy on non-discrimination.
- Register you if you live within our catchment area.
- See you on the same day if you an emergency medical problem and endeavour to offer you a routine appointment within 48 hours
- Book an appointment for up to four weeks in advance with a doctor of your choice
- Make every effort to see you promptly. Our aim is a maximum delay of 20 minutes from the time of a booked appointment. You will be informed of any major delays.
- Be seen at home at the doctor’s discretion (see home visit policy, a doctor may call you back first)
- Respect your confidentiality
- Give you access to your medical records subject to any limitations in the law and to maintain your medical records under the terms of the Data Protection Act (there may be a small admin fee for this).
- Inform you of our services, using the Practice Booklet, the Life Channel (via TV Screen in the waiting room), posters and leaflets, practice website.
- Offer you a health check when you first come to register at the surgery and advice to promote health.
- Able to speak to a doctor or nurse via the telephone on the same day
- Review your long term medication and treatment at agreed intervals
In return we expect you to:
- Treat the doctors & staff with courtesy and respect at all times. The Practice operates a zero tolerance policy
- Attend appointments on time
- Tell us if you change your name, address, telephone number, email address
- Make an appointment for one person only – i.e.. “one patient, one appointment”
- Not to abuse the emergency appointment system. Only medical emergencies can be seen in emergency appointments.
- Notify the surgery immediately if you are unable to attend an appointment.
- Only ask for a home visit if you are too ill to visit the surgery.
- Tell us all details of your medical history.
- Let us know if you feel there are things you want to see improvements or changes at the surgery.
*Please note that for all patients registered at Wallasey Medical Centre the Named Accountable GP is Dr Kitur Patel.